Looking for a different and tasty dish to serve for dinner? Tired of making the same things over and over?
Here is a delicious recipe that my family just loved when I made it for them!! If you like chicken enchiladas you will love this recipe. It is fairly healthy too and you can swap out the sour cream for Greek yogurt if you would like. This recipe is inspired by the one on GIMME some OVEN and it is amazing!!!!
2 TBS butter
1 1/2 TBS cornstarch or 3 TBS of flour
2 cups chicken broth
2 cups of shredded chicken
1 1/2 tsp cumin
1 can green chilies
2 cans pinto beans or northern beans
8 flower tortillas
3 cups shredded cheese pepper jack or Mexican blend whatever you have on hand sharp cheddar is always good too
1 cup of sour cream or Greek yogurt
greased 9 x 13 pan
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- In a medium size pan heat butter until it turns brownish then add cornstarch or flour and whisk. I use cornstarch in most of my recipes because it doesn’t affect the flavor.
- Add half chicken stock whisk for one minute then add in remaining chicken stock along with the yogurt or sour cream and cumin.
- Whisk until combined and let heat for 2 to 3 min until thickens and set it aside.
- Cut tortillas in half and cover bottom of casserole dish, pour on cream sauce just so it covers bottom of dish and add a layer of chicken, beans and 1 cup of cheese.
- Add another layer of tortilla shells, cream sauce,chicken, beans and 1 cup of cheese.
- Add last layer of tortilla shells and remaining cream sauce and cheese.
- Bake covered with foil for 20 min
- Remove foil and bake another 20 minutes or until edges turn brown
Let cool and serve
Let me know how you liked it, or what you might have done a little different.
Thanks for visiting!
Other recipes you may like: