I always loved preparing food for Thanksgiving and my favorite part is making the best Turkey. I have finally perfected this and wanted to share with you how to bake a juicy turkey in a bag.
This is the best turkey recipe for Thanksgiving or Christmas and it is so moist you won’t believe it.
How to cook moist turkey in a bag
This is the easiest recipe and the meat just falls off the bone! The most important part about this is to use a dry brine for 48 hours before cooking.
You are probably wondering what a dry brine is. It is way easier than dropping a turkey in a bucket with some liquid and less messy.
You also don’t have to find a place to keep it cold. With this recipe you put it in the bag you will cook it in and put the brine on it without having to rinse it off.
Honestly, this is the easiest Turkey recipe you will ever make. Your family is going to love the flavor and moisture that comes with this recipe.
Here is what you are going to need to make this recipe: For the spices, it is going to be for every 5lb of Turkey!
- 1 Oven Bag
- 4 TBS Butter
- 1 1/2 Cups Chicken Stock
- 1 TBS Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Rosemary, Sage, and Thyme
- 1 Clove of Garlic Minced
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Brown Sugar
Take out the giblets and neck and pat down your Turkey before starting. Make sure you have everything ready to go so you can rub the spices on Turkey and place it right in the bag in your roasting pan.
If you have a large Turkey like I did that ( 20lb) you will want someone to help hold the bag open.
- Rub in the spices all over your Turkey, making sure to have some inside the cavity as well.
- Add flour to the roasting bag and swish it around.
- Place Turkey in the bag and seal it with the zip tie that comes with the bag.
- Place the roasting pan with Turkey into the refrigerator and let sit for 24 hours.
- After 24 hours take off the zip tie and open the bag and let it sit for another 24 hours.
Once Turkey is done brining take it out of the fridge and let it warm up for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven 425
- Cut up 4 stocks of celery, 4 carrots, and whole onion and place inside Turkey.
- Pour chicken stock over Turkey
- Pour melted butter over Turkey
- Seal the bag
- Plave in the oven for 30 minutes at 425
- Turn oven down and cook at 350 until reaches 165 in the thickest part of Turkey
For every 1lb of Turkey cook 11 to 13 minutes.
Final thoughts on how to bake a juicy turkey
A few things to remember about making a fall off the bone Turkey, these are super important steps you shouldn’t skip.
Don’t rinse your Turkey but make sure you pat it dry really well. Before cooking Turkey bring it to room temperature so that it doesn’t burn when going in a hot oven.
I do this with steak as well, works great!!
When you take Turkey out let it rest in the bag with it closed for an hour then cut it open and pull the meat out.
No carving will be necessary because it falls right off the bone and the flavor is infused into the meat.
Your family is going to love this Turkey!!
Pin this post to use over and over again