The weather has been hot and humid during the day and cool at night making the idea of fast amazing comfort food sound so good. Here is an easy sausage and potato casserole that I made last night and it turned out wonderfully.
Lately it seems that the world is turning upside down with the many hurricanes, north Korea launching nukes as well as many Muslim people running from persecution and the bombs in London. It all seems so unstable and daunting as to what will happen in our future for America and the world. We must cherish the people we love and not waste the time we have on petty things but look at what we can do for others and pray for our nation and the world!
As mom’s we need to teach our children about God and how to love each other instilling good values on them because this world seems to be loosing all of that. I feel it is our duty to instill this in our babies even when they are young and give them hugs and cuddles as much as possible cherishing every moment we have.
I find it hard sometimes like many of you wanting to do house work and get it done but when your children are awake, if they are unable to help it is taking away from quality time with them. The house work will always be there but he may not always be so I stop and just be mom and spend time with my baby.
All this being said comfort food seems to be a great idea for dinner to warm the soul and feed the body and I love food haha so I decided to try something new that I never made for dinner. The idea was coming from how I make potatoes for breakfast with seasonings and onion and green pepper so going off of that I came up with this idea for dinner.
- Sausage or Brauts cooked and cut into slices or bite size
- Large Potatoes about 4 or 5 depending on number you will feed. This recipe feeds about 3
- 1 Cup of diced Green Pepper
- 1 Cup of diced Onion
- 1 Cup of a Cream Soup
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1 tsp Season All
- 1 tsp Pepper
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Cup Cheese shredded
- Using sausage or Brats whichever you may have on hand doesn’t matter what kind either, you can tweak it a bit to suite what taste you are going for. I used spicy Italian Brats cut them up into bite size pieces and cooked them with sliced onions and green pepper till they were nice and soft.
- Take 4 large potatoes and cooked in microwave for 5 min until slightly soft then cut them into bite size pieces.
- In a bowl mix any kind of soup I used cream of mushroom, with a cup of cheese a sprinkling of salt, season all, garlic powder, and pepper.
- Add the potatoes, sausage and peppers and onions mix and place in casserole dish. Medium size dish works good.
- Cook at 350 covered with foil for 45 minutes or until done.
Hope you love this recipe as much as I do!
Pin this recipe to Pinterest so you can make it again!!!
If you like this recipe here are a few of my other posts