Easy Chicken Taco Recipe For A Quick Dinner
Easy Chicken Taco Recipe
Here is a super easy recipe for a quick dinner when you don’t want to spend a lot of time making a meal! This is a family favorite and is low carb so you can feel good about eating it and don’t have that super full feeling when you are done eating. This is great for those super hot summer days when you don’t want to be using your oven!
You only need a few ingredients for this meal all you need is some chicken, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, onions, ranch dressing, tortillas and taco seasoning. If you don’t want the carbs from the tortillas just use the lettuce to wrap the chicken and other ingredients in for a quick and delicious no guilt meal.
I came up with this recipe when I decided I need to eat less red meat and watch my carbs which is a super hard thing to do when everything I like has a ton of carbs, if you are going through this too then you know exactly what I am talking about. You love the bread, cheese and pasta and even those lovely bad for you but taste so good snack foods lol all of these are a no no when it comes to watching those darn carbs ugh!!
This is one of the fastest recipes I have ever made so if you are really crunched for time and have the ingredients it is a winner for sure.
Here is the delicious recipe!
- 2 Cups Chicken cubed or shredded- can be any kind you want, I like to use Rotisserie chicken from Cosco because it is super easy and I get more meals for my dollars
- 1/4 Cup Taco Seasoning-can be store bought or homemade
- 1/2 Cup shredded Lettuce
- 1 Cup of Tomatoes cut up
- 1 Cup Cucumbers cut up
- 1/2 Onion- I like using the purple ones
- Dressing- I use ranch but you can use whatever kind you love
- Tortillas-store bought or homemade, homemade is better but easier to use premade or mini romaine lettuce leaves for low carb
- Shredded cheese- optional but not if you want it low carb
- Cut up your chicken after cooking it (here is a link to my delicious chicken recipe or use your rotisserie chicken to make this faster
- Heat up a pan and add chicken to warm it and brown a little, then add taco seasoning and 1 Cup of water cook on low until liquid is gone
- Cut up all lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers and onions and set aside.
- Warm up tortillas or cut lettuce boats to size
- Set up your assembly station
- Enjoy your delicious Tacos!!
This is the simplest meal ever and so delicious even the kids will love it! Great for those super busy nights when you have kids practice or events and no time to make anything. Check out my other super fast meals that you are sure to love.