This is a quick recipe that can be thrown together in 30 minutes or less and it is the most delicious Lemon Pepper Chicken I have ever had!
I was feeling tired and a little under the weather and this sounded like a great recipe to try out. If you have frozen cooked chicken it will take less time to make, but you can also use raw chicken cut into small pieces.
In this recipe I used a pesto sauce mix instead of Jar pesto (my favorite is the Cosco one, not sure the name but delish) or homemade, lemon pepper seasoning and paprika for the chicken and leftover pasta I had in 2 different boxes. One was fettuccine and the other angel hair spaghetti. You can use whatever pasta you want to make this.
2 TBS Olive oil
1 cup of Chicken
1 tsp Lemon Pepper
1 tsp Paprika
1 Pesto Packet or
3/4 cup Pesto
1/2 cup Pasta Water or
1 1/2 cups milk depends on packet instructions
- In a large pan cook the chicken in 2 tbs of olive oil and add the seasonings, cook until it is golden brown.
- Start the pasta and cook until done
- place chicken on a plate and start making the sauce by package directions. If you are making it from scratch use pesto and add a little pasta water about half a cup or enough to loosen up pesto and be able to mix in pasta and chicken with a little sauce leftover.
- Add the chicken and pasta, if using the packet add milk let simmer 3 minutes until thickens add chicken and pasta then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Enjoy with a side salad and garlic bread
This is a super easy meal when you have little time, a simple cooking hack would be to use rotisserie chicken cut it into strips and season it in a pan for a few minutes then cook your sauce and noodles.
If you like this recipe pin it to Pinterest for later!!!
Hope you enjoy this easy recipe!
Here are a few others to try: