This is a quick recipe that can be thrown together in 30 minutes or less and it is the most delicious Lemon Pepper Chicken I have ever had!
I was feeling tired and a little under the weather and this sounded like a great recipe to try out. If you have frozen cooked chicken it will take less time to make, but you can also use raw chicken cut into small pieces.
In this recipe I used a pesto sauce mix instead of Jar pesto (my favorite is the Cosco one, not sure the name but delish) or homemade, lemon pepper seasoning and paprika for the chicken and leftover pasta I had in 2 different boxes. One was fettuccine and the other angel hair spaghetti. You can use whatever pasta you want to make this.
- 2 TBS Olive Oil
- 1 cup of Chicken
- 1 tsp Lemon Pepper
- 1 tsp Paprika
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2 Onion
- 1tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 can of diced tomatoes or 1 cup of fresh
- 1 cup Pesto
- 3/4 Box of Pasta
- 2 cups of fresh Spinach
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 1/2 cups Chicken Stock
- In a large pan cook the chicken in 2 tbs of olive oil and add the seasonings, cook until it is golden brown, remove to plate
- Add a little more oil to the pan and add the garlic and onion until it is translucent and garlic is fragrant
- Put chicken back in and add the chicken stock, milk, pesto, tomatoes, and mix well
- Put in the seasonings and pasta, cook according to pasta label, be sure to add the spinach in the last five minutes so it isn’t soggy
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Enjoy with a side salad and garlic bread
Final Thoughts On This One Pot Chicken Pesto Pasta Recipe
This is a super easy meal when you have little time, a simple cooking hack would be to use rotisserie chicken cut it into strips and season it in a pan for a few minutes then cook your sauce and noodles.
You can adjust the amount of liquid if it doesn’t look like enough put in 1/4 to a 1/2 cup of water so you don’t burn it. The pesto can also be adjusted if you want more pesto flavor put in another teaspoon or so until it is the correct consistency and taste.
If you like this recipe pin it to Pinterest for later!!!
Hope you enjoy this easy recipe!
Related One Pot Articles
Easy Beef Goulash Recipe Your Family With Love!