This is the most delicious chicken I have ever had!! Have you tried to cook chicken and it keeps coming out overly done, dry or just plain no good? What if I told you I found a way to make the Most Delicious Chicken every time?
There are so many different ways to cook chicken and I have tried many of them and still the meat is dry or chewy not at all what was trying to be achieved. It gets so frustrating trying to marinate it or brine it for hours in hopes that this one will be better than the last few! The crock pot works okay but if left for to long in there it will just fall apart and dry out which doesn’t work when you have to work a 10 hour shift at work and the crock pot doesn’t have a timer.
The problem I have had is that my husband doesn’t like fried or breaded chicken so I have not been able to use these methods to cook my chicken. If any of this describes your experience then read on for a great solution.
*This post may contain affiliate links see disclosure for details
Delicious Chicken every time!
I saw this on the Pioneer Women when she was making Chicken Scallopine and decided to try it and see if the chicken would be better. I didn’t make the sauce that she did I just dredged the chicken and used my cast iron frying pan to cook it and wow what a difference it made. I never knew putting flour on chicken and cooking it in a pan was called dredging nor did i know it would hold in the moisture by searing the meat and cooking it from inside. This recipe made me do a happy dance!! Finally I have won the war on chicken, one I never expected to win but didn’t give up on it either. Surprisingly my husband loves the chicken and he is one that hates it because of dryness and lack of flavor or being chewy. I think a few of my tries turned out okay but he is the ultimate tester when it comes to good chicken.
How To Cook This Delicious Chicken
- 1 cup of flour or enough to just cover chicken
- Seasoning of your choice
- Pan-either cast Iron or what you have on hand
- Cooking oil
- Plastic wrap
- Meat tenderizer or rolling pin
- Put 1 tsp of cooking oil in pan and turn on high to warm up
- While pan is warming cut fat off chicken, place plastic wrap over it and use tenderizer or rolling pin to make the same thickness
- Season with salt and pepper
- Place in flour and roll gently so you get a thin layer on both sides
- Place in hot pan- you should hear a sizzling sound right away
- Let cook without moving it for 4 or 5 min depending on thickness you should have a nice golden brown color on chicken.
- Flip chicken and put a little butter in pan to add a little more flavor to chicken
- Cook for 4 or 5 min when juices run clear it is done.
Enjoy delicious juicy chicken!!
You can also add any sauce you want to the chicken after it is done cooking just put it on the chicken and in the pan and let it warm up for a few minutes or you can cook the sauce first and add the cooked chicken after for a few minutes.
I hope that you will love using this method as much as I do and maybe it will solve your bad chicken encounters in the past and make you love chicken again!
Thanks for reading!!
I would love to hear from you feel free to comment or add a story of your chicken woes!
Here are a few of my other posts that you might like;