Campbell Soup Shepard’s Pie Recipe
It’s super frustrating when you try to look up a recipe that would be easy to do using a slight mommy hack and you can’t find a thing on it so you just figure it out on your own. That is how this recipe was born and came to be known as the Campbell soup Shepard’s pie recipe.
Mainly it became this way due to not having a lot of time to cook in the evening so I came up with an easy crockpot part of the recipe to cut out time and make it taste delicious.
It still goes in the oven and is covered with mashed potatoes and believe me it tastes amazing!!! I only believe in making food that tastes good other wise what is the point?!
Here is this awesome Campbell soup Shepard’s pie recipe I hope you love it as much as I do.
- 1 lb Cut up chunks of beef meat for stew
- 1 can of Beef broth
- 1/4 tsp of Steak seasoning like montreal steak
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 2 cans 18.8oz of Campbells chunky beef and vegetable soup
- 1 small can vegetable beef
- 1 Package red skin instant mashed potatoes family size
- 1 Casserole dish sprayed with cooking spray
- Slotted spoon
- Spray crock pot with cooking spray
- Add in stew meat and cover with seasoning
- Add beef broth just enough to cover meat half way and cover cook on low for 5 hours
- Add in 3 cans of soup, draining as much liquid from them as possible
- Cover and cook 2 more hours stir when possible once or twice
- Turn of crock pot and let it cool slightly
- Remove stew from crock pot using a slotted spoon to remove liquids and place in casserole dish
- Make mashed potatoes and add them over stew mixture in casserole dish
- You can cover with foil and cook it later or cook right after
- 325 for 25 minutes and serve with a side of crusty bread and a salad
This is one of the best comfort foods to eat on a cold winter day and add to a weekly meal schedule. The idea came to me when I was at Cosco and they had Shepard’s pie for sale in this small dish that had hardly any veggies or meat in it for $10. Better to make your own then buy it!
My husband was not sure at first when i served it to him but he gobbled it up said it was amazing!! He is a hard man to please when it comes to anything new for dinner but slowly I have been expanding his taste buds lol.
You can always make this one from scratch if you have time, but if time is short just throw this in the crock pot and make a simple meal of Campbell soup Shepard’s pie recipe!
Hope you love it!
If you like this recipe check out these: