Beef Burrito Recipe
Making dinner at night gets to be a task when you have no idea what to make and don’t want the same thing every week. I decided to make Beef Burrito Recipe out of my head that sounded like it would be great and it was! So I decided to share it with you. It’s super quick and simple so you can whip this up in 20 minutes and get back to doing everything else that needs your attention.
I know how it is my almost 2 year old is always bugging me to play with him when I am cooking dinner and if I don’t he will throw a tantrum or just start getting into everything until I’m done cooking. Every meal has to be premade and frozen or refrigerated during his naps. I made this recipe while he napped and put it in the refrigerator for later, then added sauce and cheese. Anything that makes life easier is wonderful!!
All you have to do is cook your ground beef add the seasoning, warm tortillas put in cheese, salsa and anything else you like. I just used salsa and cheese for mine. Roll them up then add the enchilada sauce and more cheese on top.
You can make this ahead of time and wait to add the sauce and cheese till you are ready to put it in the oven.
- 1 lb Ground beef
- Enchilada sauce
- Seasoning packet or your own seasoning
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Pepper
1 TBS Chili Powder
1/2 tsp Garlic
1/4 tsp Onion Powder
1/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper flakes
1/4 tsp Oregeno
1/2 tsp Paprika
1 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 2 Cups of cheese, I use sharp cheddar but whatever you have on hand will work
- Tortillas- This filled 5 of them so if you need more add more meat or fill with beans or rice
- Toppings- I used lettuce, tomato and onion but whatever you like will work
- Cook ground beef till brown and drain grease
- Add seasoning and 1 cup of water and cook for 10 minutes on medium until water is gone
- Preheat oven to 350 while you assemble the burritos, I greased a 9 x 12 glass casserole dish with butter.
- Warm tortillas and place ground beef in a line a little to the side so you can roll it
- Add cheese and a couple spoonfuls of salsa
- Place in the pan seam side down and repeat
- Pour enchilada sauce over burritos
- Sprinkle cheese until they are mostly covered
- Put in oven for 20 to 25 minutes until slightly crispy
- Add your toppings and serve
Serves about 2 to 3 people
Hope you enjoy this recipe! Leave me a comment I would love to hear from you.
If you like this recipe you may also like these: