Fall is in the air and so are busy week nights so how about some amazing pork roast and veggies, comfort food right out of the crock pot with no scrambling to get dinner ready! Super easy and delicious you won’t have any leftovers to put away.
We all love delicious food that is easy to make and awesome on the taste buds especially when it is cold out something to warm the body and soul after a long day at home, work or running around doing errands. I came up with this one busy morning while dealing with my fussy toddler, he was throwing tantrums and being clingy you know how that is as a mommy no need to explain further haha so I needed something to make for dinner that would be easy and done at dinner time with no fuss. Amazingly I got the prep work done while he played quietly in the kitchen, nothing short of a miracle.
Use what you have on hand don’t go out and buy it and slight variations will taste just as good. I used some celery, carrots, onions and potatoes that I had on hand diced them all up except carrots since they were little anyway. The whole key to this recipe is seasoning both meat and veggies and searing meat in hot pan on both sides and then adding veggies after also seasoned to just lock in flavors and help them blend. Also use beef broth about a cup mixed with the rest of your seasoning mix instead of water, this locks those flavors in and cooks into the meat and vegetables all day and is so yummy!
- Vegetables- carrots about 2 cups, potatoes 8 small diced red skin but whatever you have is fine, celery 2 stalks diced, 1 onion sliced. You could also do something with just green pepper and onion if that is all you have.
- Pork Roast
- 1 cup of beef broth
- 1tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 2 TBS Steak seasoning
- 1 Packet of McCormick Pork Roast Seasoning
- Olive oil
- Preheat pan
- Cut up all vegetables
- Rub olive oil over roast
- Coat Roast in 1/4 of the seasoning
- In large bowl mix olive oil in with vegetables and coat with 1/4 of the seasoning
- Place roast in the hot pan, should make sizzling sounds. You want to sear the meat with seasoning to amplify the flavor.
- Turn meat over and do other side then place in crockpot
- Place vegies in pan and stir until aromatic then pour over roast till completely covered
- Mix rest of the seasoning with 1 cup of beef broth
- Pour over roast
- Cover and cook 8 or 9 hours on low or 5 or 6 on high Do not open while cooking at all until end
- Open and enjoy a delicious prepared meal
Let me know how much you enjoyed it and don’t forget to save this post to Pinterest!!
Here are some of my other recipes: